Thursday, June 26, 2008

"If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."

We have been working on getting our 72 hour kits together. They aren't really that close to being ready yet, but at least we are working on them right? I think the only thing in mine right now is a pocket knife yay! But Sean's is almost done, he pretty much had one already so we just updated it. Sean was taste testing 4 year old food to see if it was still ok to eat! I wasn't. We are excited about our survival kits though. It's good knowing that we are prepared, just in case.

Sean has been teaching me how to tie knots. I get tested on the knot, and which one to use in certain types of situations... He says things like... "so you are at the bottom of a cliff, and need to tie a rope around yourself so I can pull you up. Which knot do you tie?" Then I have to show him by tying the knot as if I were in the scenario. I usually only remember how to tie the ones that have stories like 'the bunny comes up the hole, around the tree' kind of stories, but I try hard. :)

No comments: