Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cotton Fields

When I was younger, my great grandma would tell me stories from her childhood of days spent out in the cotton fields picking cotton. I loved hearing her stories! I had never seen a cotton field before so I always tried to picture what it would look like in my head... thanks to the southern livin' we are now experiencing, I don't have to imagine anymore because there is cotton growing in fields right here in our town. After church we drove to one of these fields to get a closer look. It was cool to finally be able see what she had told me about in her stories. Here are some pictures so you won't have to wonder what a cotton field looks like, it's too bad you won't get to hear her stories along with the pictures... that is the best part! 

4 comments:

mum and dadio boggs said...

Cool fields! Now I know where all my quilting fabric comes from!!! Love, Mum

Anonymous said...

So, it comes in cotton balls - like you buy at the store?

Marissa said...

Wow, very coo! Never seen anything like that before.

Candace said...

That's so cool!