Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Afghanistan

Sean left. 
I cried. A lot. 
I am so proud of him and the courage he has to leave his family and defend this great country, where we live and enjoy so many wonderful privileges.
I couldn't do it. He amazes me.
Someday our son will understand the sacrifice his daddy made to keep him safe, and he will be proud too.
I'll miss him every second of every day. It's not going to be easy without him here with us. 
I'll try not to complain.
I have so many blessings that others do not have... I count them many times to remind myself that I am truly fortunate.
Heavenly Father watches over our little family, and I am so grateful.

2 comments:

RBell said...

Meliss-You're such a strong woman! I'm really touched about your great attitude and support for Sean while he's gone. My husband has a brother in Nampa. We might be making it over that way in the next 6 months, and if we do, I'll have to come find you! I'd love to see you again and meet Clayton! Hang in there. I hope the time goes fast for you!

Candace said...

We'll be praying for all of you. Chin up! :)