The hope of a brighter future for children who's lives are consumed by war.
And the hope of freedom to choose their own path to explore in life.
A hope that they will have the same opportunity at happiness that every child deserves.
These kids were not even phased by the troops roaming the streets with all their gear on and carrying their guns. It's crazy to me... this is something that they see everyday. I can't imagine all of the scary experiences they must have had in their short lifetime. I pray that my son will never have to see the things that these children think of as normal. I thank my Father in Heaven everyday for all of the blessings that we enjoy in this country.
Sean emailed me these pictures of himself in Kabul, Afghanistan with some local kids. The circle of flags are all the countries in the War on Terror right now. The tents are where he stayed while in Kabul.





No comments:
Post a Comment