Monday, December 30, 2013

Families are Forever

My younger brother, Darin, was killed in a car accident Saturday evening the 28th, along with his best friend, Chris, who was riding with him. They were driving back from the Boise Temple when they crossed the highway center line and were hit head-on by a semi truck.
We received this devastating news the night we got home from the Syme's cabin. The Idaho State Police came to my dad's house, where we were staying, and told us of the accident. 
I felt as if my heart was shattered into a million pieces. 
I love my little brother so much. I feel blessed with the honor of being his sister. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of eternal families, it brings peace to my soul. I know that I will get to see Darin again. Heaven gained an amazing man. We will all miss him very much!  

Here is a link to my sister's blog where you can read Darin's life sketch and some of our favorite memories of him:

No comments: