*** This post is mostly for my sister because I think she will understand the best....
In my family, I am known for my chocolate chip cookie making skills. Everyone says that my cookies are the best, baked perfectly, soft, tasty... etc. I have never messed up cookies in my life, they always turn out really really good... so with that said... Sean had been asking for cookies for a couple of weeks (seriously that was all he would talk about!) So I thought that I would make some while he was at work and surprise him with homemade chocolate chip cookies when he got home. I had lost my 'award winning' recipe (according to the family!) between moving to Oregon, back to Idaho, and then California, if I knew which move... maybe I could track it down!! So I thought I would try the recipe on the back of some no name chocolate chips that we bought... and I figured, no big deal, cookie recipes are all about the same right? So I made the dough using all of my special touches and thought about how excited Sean was going to be when he got home! Everything was great when I put them in to the oven... not so great when I pulled them out!!! I was so sad, and really confused because I hadn't ever made bad cookies! They were completely flat and didn't look good at all! As they were cooling on the racks the middles of some of them were just falling out because they were mushy but were also over-done at the same time! It was a horrible experience to say the least!!
For the record: Sean has been eating them (he is such a great husband!) He says that they don't taste as bad as they look. I think he is just trying to make me feel better...
And I currently have someone working on getting me another copy of the recipe (I had to go all the way back to the source!) so my family doesn't need to fret, I will be back to making good cookies soon!

6 comments:
YUM I love your cookies! Those look pretty bad but not unfamiliar!!! It's probably the altitude or something like that, they still look good, I'm hungry!!
you need to put the good recipe on the blog when you get it. Don't worry I think that I have done everything you possible can to mess up cookies. Besides you followed the recipe so you didn't mess them up your doing good.
Post a picture of you new chairs with your table, I want to see it!
Tif--too lazy to log in!
thats so sad! Ohh melissa! next time!
Umm, I first have to clean my house and DO my hair before I take a picture of them!!!!!!!!!!
I just read this, again. It made me hungry for cookies and all I have to eat is this stupid 12 oz. can of stupid chicken of the sea tuna with salt, pepper, and old bay seasoning on it. it's almost gone and I'm getting full, but those cookies actually look delicious to me....
PS, I can't log in to myspace. lame
Post a Comment