Sean finally got to ride in a helicopter, the saltiest thing he's done in the Navy (salty - military related). The higher-ups at his clinic were able to arrange for a number of the junior enlisted to go for a training flight on a CH-46 Chinook, a Vietnam era bird still used by the Marine Corps for cargo and troop transport. Unfortunately there was no door mounted .50 cal machine gun to play with--surely the fine citizens of San Diego would not have appreciated that. All in all it was an 'uplifting' experience.
Giving the universally understood 'Good to go' sign...check out the head gear called a 'cranium'...doesn't it do wonders for his ears?!
The ol' work horse of the USMC, CH-46 Chinook...check out how those blades bend!
3 comments:
WOA BILLY! that's the coolest thing ever. Did you (meaning Sean) get air sick? I'm so scared of heights I don't know if I could do it. That's so cool, I'm really jealous actually. Oh, and your ears (meaning Sean's ears) look fantastic!
okay, see you guys soon I hope!!
THAT looks super cool, I am jealous, So did you get to jump out?
Hey you guys should read our new NEWS. Look at our blog!
It does wonders for your ears. Too bad the Navy doesn't know your famous knick name of "eagle ears". Glad you had fun. Dadio would have been sick all over the place I fear. Love ya, MUM
Post a Comment