I have never really considered myself a real girl because I have never really done girl things. Like crafts, or sewing, baking... all that sissy stuff. I blame this on the fact that I grew up with mostly brothers, I only have one sister and well... she (like me) could be confused as another brother most of the time. With that said, I would like to say that I (and my sister for that matter) have become more girly with age. I can cook... I can even bake! I can do my hair (Tifani is better at this one than me by far!) And just yesterday I found out I can sew!! Who would have thought?!
I decided that I wanted to make a purse. I went to the fabric store to get the fabric I wanted, with my friend Anna (whose sewing machine I am borrowing.) I even made my own pattern! And the purse is actually coming together! I am excited for it to be finished. I think it is going to be cute. My mother-in-law (the seamstress) is going to be proud.... once she believes that I am the one actually sewing it. :)
This is my fabric. The navy is going to be the outside color.
This is the outside of it. I made those cool seams!
3 comments:
I am so proud of you. You are quite talented. I would have never endeavored to do my own patter for a purse. Load pics of the finished product. You might want to sell them. Love ya MUM
I am totally stoked about finally getting to see pictures! I love the pattern on the inside, and the color of blue reminds me of you (probably because of your blue hoody with the stripes in the hood, they are similar colors.) Anyway, sorry it took me the ENTIRE day to see this. After you told me to call you Micah got a job interview, then a job offer, then we got an offer for an apartment and then we had to go get Conner after looking at three apartments... NUTS! So, HI, now that my homework is finished I am finally checking the pictures. (sorry, I'm a terrible friend)
anyway, long story short : I love the purse!!! you should use an anchor button - because you guys are in the navy :D haha!
Way to be! It looks great and I am excited to see the finished product.
Post a Comment